Financial job descriptions
1. Functions of financial management
Depending on business field, functions of financial department in a company or in a financial service can include ones as follows:
· Analyze and evaluate the efficiency of capital management; manage financial risks of the Company;
· Examine, control and assess activities relating to finance, accounting and investment practices of the Company;
· Build up, make plan, estimate and balance the budget for short-term activities of the Company;
· Make action program and plan and proper financial decision in accordance to each development stage;
· Manage and conduct the operations of Finance Department;
· Create and apply international standards of finance management and investment activities.
· Build up a good relationship with foreign and domestic financial institutions.
· Improve financial analysis and forecast ability and decide the optimum solutions.
· Make an optimized solution to the investment in and quotation on the stock markets in Vietnam as well as in the world.
· Develop a well understanding of rules and legal requirements of domestic and foreign stock markets.
· Build up standard system for approaching and attracting national and international financial investments as well as standards for investment made by the Company.
· Make the general strategy and direction for the Company;
· Set development goals for the Company;
· Conduct and take responsibility for all activities of the Company;
· Take responsibility for the profit goal as well as the development and growth goals of the Company;
· Ensure the performance of current and future goals of the company as well as the expectation of the board of directors of the revenue, profit, product quality, human resource development and other activities;
· Prepare plans for business and marketing;
· Manage the workforce to ensure the best performance;
· Make reports clearly in a duly manner to the board of directors; send proposals to the board for approval;
· Evaluate the performance of every department.
2. Positions of financial department
Depending on quality and quality of the above functions, positions of financial department can include ones as follows:
• CFO job description
• Finance director
• Finance manager
• Financial analyst
• Financial controller
• Business analyst
• Finance assistant
• Finance Counselor
3. Financial job descriptions
To create samples of job description above, you should:
Identify functions of financial dept.
Setting up process/job instructions, detailed duties of each financial functions.
Assign each tasks for each position.
Write job description/job specification for each position.
Compare one by one and send them to board of directors for approval.